1. Double stop-dog system
for long unsupported lengths
2. Optimised opening system for fast opening of the crossbars either from the left or right
3. High holding force of the crossbars
4. Glide surfaces on the side for operation "on the side"
5. Tested and proven mounting bracket
6. Strain relief can be integrated in the mounting bracket
7. Series 2400 and 2450 snap-open along the inner radius
8. Series 2450 half e-tube snap-open along
the inner radius on both sides
9. Enclosed e-tube Series 2480
snap-open along the inner radius
10. Flexible modular interior separation system
11. Easy assembly due to optimised pins
12. Also available as ESD version
13. Strain relief separator - Separator with integrated strain relief
Please note: Before using this series on long travels, please consult igus®. We recommend an e-chain® that is openable in the outer radius for long travels. Example: Series 2500
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (with 1.5 kg/m fill weight), this should be taken into account for all application types.Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 46 mmChain links per m: 22Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: Fill weight in kg/mLower scale: Travel S in mFLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
Reference example A:
Fill weight = 1,5 [kg/m]
Unsupported length FLB = 1,7 m
Travel = 3,3 m
from 10 m to max. 100 mChain length= S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 100 m) Here, the e-chain® upper runs gliding on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4 and 10 m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough with glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
2 interior separation options
Series 2450 as clamp variant
2450 extender crossbar
Practical tool for opening and closing of e-chains® of series E2/000
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Standard
Option 1: Standard
Separators can be placed anywhere in the tube's cross-section to divide the
interior of the e-tube - As standard, separators are fitted every 2nd chain link!
Vertical division in e-tubes. Due to its slots, it allows basic vertical/horizontal interior separations.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2 m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2 m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2 m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips on request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super" aluminium trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® are gliding on top of themselves). The basic "Super" aluminium trough has a simple and cost-efficient designs and can be expanded for sophisticated plant engineering.
Its universal design makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual bracket without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ 2-part design - configurable from chain width+ Very stable+ cost-effective+ large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 92.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 92.31
Installation sets, Part No. 92.50. XX
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration