1. Straight run through inner/outer-link design2. Quiet operation through integrated brake on the radial stop-dogs3. Very high rigidity with radial loads due to the undercut design4. 15% more tensile strength (compared to the best old E4 series), extended unsupported length through improved stop-dog system and vertical radial stops5. Modular interior separation product range6. "No camber" version possible by simply rotating the outer link without reworking7. e-chain® crossbars removable from both sides8. Hinged openable removable e-tube lids9. Wide plastic crossbars – cable-friendly10. Optimised gliding surfaces – long service-life E4.28 series available in the ESD product range E4.28 ESD series
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 40 mm (at 1 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 46mm per linkChain links per m: 22Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 4.0 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 1.75 m travel = 3.5 m
From 10 m to max. 200 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 200 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 5.0m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
2 mounting bracket variants
Modular interior separation
16 widths and 9 bend radii
e-chain® opener tools for easy opening and closing of E4 series igus® e-chains®
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 2: Optional
Option 1: Standard As a standard feature, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Separator 2201 For vertical separation. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. Spacer 205.09 Spacers can be used to fix separators in position. To avoid reducing the internal height by 2mm, they can also be mounted on the opening crossbar from the outside (not for long travels). Side plate 2203 like separator. Allows modular shelving right up to the side links. No clearance required! Full-width shelf 220.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5mm on 3 levels.
Option 2: Optional full-width shelfAs standard, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Middle plate 2202For modular shelving with shelves 2220.X in height increments of 5 mm (in 3 levels). Side plate 2204 like middle plate. Allows modular shelving right up to the side links. No clearance required! Shelves 2220.X For horizontal separation. Shelves of various widths can be arranged in steps of 5mm on 3 levels.
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Optional: noise dampening strip
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
New! Rapid assistance for mounting the e-chain® fixed end
The new fixed-end module makes it quick and easy to install the KMA mounting bracket on the "Super-aluminium" trough – no drilling required.
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 99.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 99.31
Installation sets, Part No. 95.50. XX
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration