1. Very good protection for cables and hoses, even against hot swarf2. Small pitch for quiet, smooth running3. Lids removable along the outer radius4. Fully enclosed
Available inner widths Bi: 50, 75 mmAvailable bend radii R: 75 to 250 mmPitch: 33.3 mm/link = 30 links/m
DISCONTINUED MODEL For new designs, we recommend the improved e-chain® Series E2 tubes, R58 new
Series R58 is available from stock in limited numbers. Product support and storage are limited as of 2012. For questions, please refer to your igus® contact person. Thank you for your understanding to the E2 R Series R58 new
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 35 mm (at 0.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 33.3 mmChain links per m: 30Travel: STube length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
2 widths and 6 bend radii
Interior separation possible
3 mounting bracket variants
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Separators
Separators are used to vertically separate the interior of the energy tube R58. They provide the option of dividing the interior into multiple chambers. They can be used flexibly.
Steel - one-piece
Steel – in two parts
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 95.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 95.31
Installation sets, Part No. 95.50. XX
Data protection declaration