1. Snap-open left and right,
accessible from above
2. Side gliding surfaces for side-mounted operation
3. Large pins - long service life
4. Chamfered opening - easy assembly
5. Small pitch for quiet, smooth running
6. Integrated strain relief option
7. Cable-friendly interior separation
8. Dirt-repelling exterior contour
9. Modular interior separation
Available inner widths Bi: 38 to 103 mm
Available bending radii R: 55 to 250 mm
Pitch: 27,8 mm per link = 36 links/m
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (with 1.5 kg/m fill weight), this should be taken into account for all application types.Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 27,8 mmChain links per m: 36Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: Fill weight in kg/mLower scale: Travel S in mFLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
Reference example A:
Fill weight = 2 [kg/m]
Unsupported length FLB = 1,2 m
Travel = 2,4 m
from 10 m to max. 100 mChain length= S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 100 m) Here, the e-chain® upper runs gliding on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4 and 10 m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough with glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
3 interior separation options
2 mounting bracket variants
Different strain relief options are possible
4 widths and 9 bend radii
Practical tool for opening and closing of e-chains® of series E2/000
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Standard
Option 1: Standard
As standard, igus® separators are fitted every 2nd chain link!
Standard slotted separator 2551
and slotted separator 2553
Vertical division in e-chains®. Due to its slots,
it allows basic vertical/
horizontal interior separations.
(The retrofit you want to do determines which separator to use)
Full-width shelf 220.X
Recommended if many thin cables with similar
diameters are used. For comprehensive
separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5 mm on 3 levels.
In the case of cables with different diameters,
shelves can be used at different heights. They can be arranged in steps of 5 mm on 3 levels.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2 m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2 m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2 m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips on request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super" aluminium trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® are gliding on top of themselves). The basic "Super" aluminium trough has a simple and cost-efficient designs and can be expanded for sophisticated plant engineering.
Its universal design makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual bracket without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ 2-part design - configurable from chain width+ Very stable+ cost-effective+ large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 92.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 92.31
Installation sets, Part No. 92.50. XX
Data protection declaration